With changing times come changing requirements and changing technology. There was once a time when phone communication was the only means to contact another individual or business. Long-distance communication was expensive and beyond the reach of most people.
Small and medium businesses couldn’t afford to invest in long-distance communication either. Only big enterprises with a lot of money to spare had access to telephone systems for international calling. Otherwise, most other people stayed local or preferred to write mail.
Email and chat features affected the popularity of telephones to some extent, but virtual communication systems restored the telephone’s significance and made it accessible and functional for the modern business. With the help of virtual numbers, international calling became cheaper and more convenient. In fact, many businesses have switched to virtual phone systems because they cut down on phone bills.
Unlike normal phone systems, a virtual phone system is based on the internet and enables you to make calls from any computer or mobile device. They are also known as cloud systems and they provide mobility, flexibility, and a wide array of features that weren’t imaginable with traditional phones.
Despite this, however, there are several offices where traditional landline phones are still in use, but they don’t serve any purpose other than sending and receiving calls. Most landline phones aren’t even capable of international calling. With instant communication like text messages so popular these days, a landline does seem unsmart sometimes. So how do you make a landline smarter? By activating landline texting.
What is Landline Texting?
There are several technological marvels these days, and landline texting is one of them. Sending text messages to a landline number was quite unthinkable even up until a few years ago. Now, it is not only possible, but it is also widely in use by businesses and individuals.
Landline texting is offered by messaging service providers who specialize in business texting. Your landline can be equipped to send and receive text messages and multimedia messages by being text-enabled. Once this service is activated on your landline number, you can use it to send and receive text messages from mobile numbers. Besides that, you also get a range of other features that add to the intelligence of your landline. With landline texting, you can enable remote communication thanks to its web-based capability.
How Does it Work?
Are you wondering how you will be able to read messages on a landline? You can’t. Instead, the messages will be converted to voice messages before being sent to your phone. Similarly, when you need to send someone a text from your landline, you leave a message and it will be converted to a text.
Landline texting is a virtual phone number service, and it is offered by several leading telecom operators. All you have to do is get the service activated on your number by registering with a telecom operator. There are different charges for different operators. You usually have to pay a one-time fee and then a rental fee every month. Most plans are flexible and you can cancel at any time.
The best aspect of landline texting is that you don’t need any additional equipment or hardware to get started. You don’t need to download a software program or change your service provider or get any expensive hardware installation. Once you subscribe, you get a web-based user panel to manage, send, and received SMS and MMS messages.
Benefits of Landline Texting
By enabling texting on your landline phone, you get to enjoy benefits that otherwise aren’t possible with traditional phone systems. In fact, by text-enabling a landline, you can turn it into a complete business communication strategy.
Some of the main features of landline texting are:
- Contact management: Usually on a landline phone, there is no way to group or manage your contacts. So you end up maintaining a physical phone book in order to keep your contacts in one place. When you enable landline texting, you can group and manage your contacts from the web-based dashboard. This also saves time when texting people.
- Scheduled messaging: Quite often you need a message to be sent at a particular time, but for some reason, this is not available at the time. In such cases, scheduled messaging is a great option. You have to record the message and set the time when it is to be sent. The text will be sent at the scheduled time without you having to be available at that time. This saves time and makes messaging even more convenient.
- Custom signature: With landline texting, you also get the option of setting a customer signature that appears after every message you send. This is an excellent way to promote your business and it can be used as part of a marketing strategy.
- Group messaging: Not only can you manage and group your contacts, with landline texting you can also send a single message to more than one person. This is a feature that is typically available on mobile phones, but not on landlines. When you text-enable your landline, however, you will then get to enjoy this feature.
- Reports: You get to keep track of all your sent and received messages with the help of the web-based dashboard. When you’re sending and receiving business messages or using texting as part of a marketing campaign, keeping track of text messages is critical. It lets you know how successful your campaigns are.
Landline texting is service-activated in as little as 24 hours upon subscription. When you text-enable your landline phone, you are able to use the line for much more than just calling. You will then get to use the landline to its full potential by enabling text messaging.
A plenitude of businesses around the world are making landlines smarter by enabling landline texting service. Simply get in touch with any landline texting service provider, subscribe to the service, and start using landline texting in just a few hours. It is an affordable, convenient, and feature-rich option for turning your landline into a viable business solution.