These days it’s easy for small business owners to think that everything can be done online. But this is where they are making a big mistake. Even with access to all this technology, market research shows that up to 70% of customers call a business directly even after conducting a mobile search. Instead of becoming more one-track, the customer journey is more diverse than ever as customers utilize different kinds of media along the way. One thing that no small business owner can afford is to ignore is the value of a phone call. Not only is it a connection to your current customers, it’s also a conduit to new leads, particularly when you’re using a method like United States toll free numbers.
United States toll free numbers allow you to have a presence in the US instantly, giving you the ability to take advantage of the many business opportunities possible.
How to Get More Customers to Call Your United States Toll Free Numbers
If you want to get more customer calls, you need to make sure you incorporate these practices into your business marketing strategy.
- Spend more on click-to-call (CTC) campaigns: We touched on ads above, so why not start there to drive up your inbound call volume with your United States toll free numbers? Find your most successful online advertising channel and work in some compelling campaigns with a CTC focus. Not only will your business see a spike in calls, you’ll be able to quickly compare performance to your existing online campaigns.
- Review existing call policy and procedures: Does your current training emphasize the importance of customer calls? Your team needs to know that picking up the phone is a crucial part of building a reputation and winning new business. Take a look at your current practices to make sure that calls are answered promptly and given the same level of service that you would offer in-person.
- Use landing pages with a single call to action: When a promotional page emphasizes one course of action it increases the likelihood that potential customers will take that route. Make it clear that visitors should pick up the phone to receive a discount and they are much more likely to call.
- Get a more memorable number: If customers can’t remember how to get ahold of you, calls – and sales – could be slipping away. Add a memorable hook to your United States toll free numbers by buying or licensing a custom, vanity phone number. A number with a memorable word, sequence, or similar digits aids recall and can increase your call volume over time.
- Add your phone number to social networks: As with most online businesses, social networks accepted a long time ago that their users still value a contact number. That’s why you’ll see prominent space for those traditional contact details and dedicated call advertising options on their platforms. Use these spaces to display your most memorable contact number and, where possible, include language that urges customers to call.
- Take another look at traditional advertising channels: In your rush to spend marketing dollars online, it’s possible that you’ve forgotten about traditional forms of advertising. Give them another look. Ad space that used to be expensive in print publications and other offline spaces tends to be much more affordable these days. These channels also align well with the desire to pick up the phone, making them a promising source of increased calls.
- Track your calls closely for strategy adjustments: To squeeze more from your call-focused campaigns, it’s important to know which are delivering. Use unique United States toll free numbers or call tracking technology to help your marketing team separate different channels and review results from each. There are several excellent call tracking solutions out there. Pick the one that offers the best fit for your business and set about crunching the numbers from your United States toll free numbers!
What begins with a simple commitment to talk to more customers using United States toll free numbers can quickly spiral into a multi-faceted marketing strategy for your small business! As you embrace new ways to get customers to call, you’ll often find that your brand reputation sees an upswing as well. Use this positive sentiment to encourage word-of-mouth marketing initiatives with your United States toll free numbers.