Call forwarding is not a complicated feature to use. In fact, the instructions to follow in activating this feature are not difficult at all. You will be tasked to enter and press a few buttons, and if you are successful in activating the service, you can reap the benefits of using Verizon call forwarding. For some people, call forwarding is simple and uncomplicated, but if you have special needs and preferences, you will need to learn more about it in order to get the most out of it.
What is Verizon Call Forwarding?
Call forwarding is a feature that is normally used by people for personal or business purposes. Also known as call diversion, this allows the phone call to be redirected to an entirely different phone number if the original number being called is unavailable or if no one picks up the call. If you are signed up under Verizon, you can activate the Verizon call forwarding feature by following a few simple steps.
How to Activate Call Forwarding
You need to use your mobile phone to activate Verizon call forwarding.
These are the steps to follow to start forwarding calls with Verizon:
- Dial *72
- Enter the phone number that you are going to forward the calls to.
- If it is successful, you will start receiving calls whenever your original number is not available.
Another way to activate call forwarding is by following these steps:
- Visit www.verizonwireless.com/callforwarding.
- Follow the prompts that will allow you to forward the calls to your desired number; it’s quite easy!
How to Turn Off Call Forwarding
If you would like to turn off the Verizon call forwarding service, follow these steps:
- Dial *73 from your mobile phone number.
- Go to My Verizon. You can access this through your laptop or any other chosen device. Follow the given steps in order to turn off call forwarding services.
This can also be done using your iPhone or other smartphone device.
Call Forwarding – Will it be Expensive?
The cost of adding a call forwarding plan will depend on your circumstances, budget, and how pertinent to your needs it is.
Many people are interested in trying out Verizon call forwarding but they are concerned about its affordability. The amount you will be billed will depend according to the plan that you have chosen. Even if you answer the phone from your landline, the amount you will have to pay may actually be the same, depending on the terms of the service.
However, the only time you should expect to be billed additionally is when you choose to take long distance calls, unless this is also included in your plan. If you opt for a simple phone plan with call forwarding on Verizon, and you decide to have extra features added, you may be charged a certain fee for this.
Also take note that Verizon call forwarding to international phone numbers may require certain fees depending on the Verizon calling plan you have acquired.
Troubleshooting: Why Can’t People Contact Me?
Whenever someone tries to call you and they get a busy tone on your forwarded number, there may be something wrong with the Verizon call forwarding service. Check the following:
- Did you input the correct number when you were asked to place it?
- You may have placed additional numbers in the field; verify that you haven’t.
- You may have forgotten to place the area code.
Double check the number you placed. If you know that it is correct, you can contact Verizon to let them know of the problem. You may be given some instructions on how to troubleshoot the issues you are facing. You can also try call forwarding for iPhone as long as you have followed all of the instructions mentioned above.
The Advantages of Call Forwarding
Now that you know the basic details of using call forwarding, you should become more familiar with call forwarding for iPhone with Verizon and the benefits that you can get. Here are some of the ways call forwarding may be of benefit to you:
- You allow yourself to become more available to different markets – This is more ideal if you have a business. You allow yourself to answer the calls of your customers whenever they need you. If you cannot be available all the time, you can forward customer calls to some of your employees who will take the calls on your behalf.
- You do not have to rely heavily on voicemail. You may think that voicemail is good but when you need to utilize Verizon call forwarding for your business, or you need it for personal purposes, people can speak to a real person instead of being asked to leave a message.
- It can be more convenient for a lot of people. You can be reached even when you are not at your usual location and you can also turn the feature off if you do not need it. Just do not forget to turn it off. You might end up being disturbed on your “off” days when you are trying to take a breather.
- If you have your own business, you improve your chances of becoming more recognized in the industry because customers know that you are available for them. You can also use some features of call forwarding through a toll-free number. A lot of people may prefer using toll-free numbers versus calling international phone numbers for the obvious reason of saving money on calls.
- It will allow you to track sales easily. There are customers who may call your business the moment they see your contact number on your website. You can analyze the web traffic you are getting, and see if it corresponds to sales.
One of the disadvantages you may encounter when you use Verizon call forwarding is if you forget to turn off the function and you do not have a mobile phone nearby. You need your mobile phone to turn off this feature. Check out the different ways that you can turn off the call forwarding feature whenever you need to; it may offer some much-needed convenience in certain situations!