United World Telecom (UWT) DBA Global Call Forwarding provides value added international calling services to customers worldwide. Our services include local and toll free numbers around the globe with intelligent call forwarding capabilities as well as international calling services through local and toll free access numbers (Global Call Connect and Virtual Calling Card services), internet access (VoIP Service), and Callback service.
Customers may ask for a refund of their remaining call credit at any time during first 30 days of service activation for any reason. There will be no processing fees for PayPal refund requests. however credit card refunds will be subject to a 3.5% processing fee and wire transfer refunds will be subject to a $35 processing fee.
Free Trial Offer Terms and Conditions
- Free trial offer is only applicable to UWTs Call Forwarding services.
- UWT reserves the right to modify, suspend and/or cancel this free trial offer at any time without prior notice.
- UWT reserves the right to deny free trial applications for those customers that do not meet basic criteria including but not limited to those listed below:
- Providing a proof of business with an established and operational corporate web site and a matching business registration (for business free trial).
- Providing an authorization for a valid credit card to be used for the service charges after the free trial period ends and/or after usage exceeds the initial trial call credit set on the service line.
- Providing a verifiable corporate email address (an email address with your corporate domain name extension) / (for business free trial).
- Not having been or being a customer of UWTs call forwarding services prior to free trial offer application.
- Successful completion and approval of internal UWT review based on the information submitted for the free trial offer. 4. If requested, certain corporate accounts may be eligible for an unsecured free trial. Unsecured free trial requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis and is subject to approval.
- Customer, by providing a final approval through UWTs web site and/or online sign up form, agrees to the following terms of the free trial offer:
- Customer receives one or more local or toll free phone numbers (subject to approval) to test the service for up to 15 days for businesses and 7 days for individuals following the activation of those numbers.
- Customer understands and agrees that the end of free trial does not automatically cancel or terminate the service, but rather it transforms the service into an active account with full obligations on applicable monthly fees and usage charges.
- UWT will charge the customers credit card for the monthly fees due based on selected service plan(s) for each line, immediately after the end of the free trial time period or after exceeding the free trial usage credit unless customer cancels account prior to end of trial period or credit.
- Charges that occur immediately following the end of free trial are non-refundable.
- Customer is fully liable to contact and request cancelation of service from UWT prior to the end of free trial and to receive an email confirmation of that cancellation to avoid service charges.
- Customer will receive trial call credit on each assigned phone number for the testing period and any usage exceeding this amount will be charged to customers credit card or customers unsecured account.
Services cancelled by customer prior to the end of free trial offer and which did not exceed the initial call credit threshold set by UWT shall not generate any charge on customer’s credit cards. UWT will send a confirmation email to the customer after completing the cancelation
Credit Card Payments During and After a Billing Cycle (Applicable to Postpaid Credit Card Option Only)
Customer authorizes United World Telecom to debit customer’s credit card every time unpaid usage reaches $200 or sometimes if Customer requests a limit increase, as well as at the beginning of every month for unpaid usage from the previous month and plan fees (if applicable) for the current month. These transactions will appear on Customers credit card statement as United World Telecom. In case of non-payment of services purchased, the customer will be responsible for all legal or collection agency fees incurred by United World Telecom during the process, as well as late fee charges equal to 1.5% of unpaid balance per month.
Prepayment Options and Conditions
- Minimum prepayment amount per service line is $10
- UWT will only accept checks or money orders drawn on a US financial institution.
- Transaction fees deducted from Customer’s wire transfer by their financial institution or third parties will NOT be counted toward prepayment for the services purchased.
- Payments made by using PayPal or Bank Check that are less than $10 will be subject to a $2.50 transaction fee.
- MoneyGram payments for less than $100 are subject to a $10 transaction fee. Please contact our customer service for instructions.
Suspicious Activity and Service Interruptions
Service may be interrupted immediately if United World Telecom is unable to collect due payment from Customer’s credit card or through other payment methods. Service may also be interrupted if UWT detects suspicious or fraudulent use at any time or a dramatic increase in call volume without prior notice to UWT.
Per Minute Rates & Fees
While it may be rare and due to unforeseeable cost changes, all rates and fees may be subject to change at any time without prior notice to customer. UWT will make reasonable efforts to inform customers of rate and fee changes by posting announcements on the online account management system. Customer agrees to check possible rate changes through online account management system and also agrees not to hold UWT liable for any price differences as a result of changes in per minute rates or fees. Rates are charged in 1 minute minimum + 1 minute billing increments. FCC mandated payphone surcharge of 69 cents per call applies for calls made by using toll free numbers from US payphones.
Call Forwarding Service Terms and Conditions
Monthly Service Plans: Each phone number comes with a monthly plan and included minutes selected from available plans at the time of sign up. The monthly plan fee and included monthly plan minutes for the partial month in which the customer signed up will be pro-rated for the remainder of the month and will be charged at the time of account provisioning. Regular monthly fees and included minutes will apply starting from the first full month billing cycle. If the customer exceeds the included monthly minutes in any given month for the corresponding service plan, the additional per minute rates will apply for the excess call traffic.
Testing and Publishing Numbers: UWT strongly recommends that Customer tests the numbers assigned to the account prior to publishing on any material. It is Customers responsibility to make sure that assigned numbers are working as intended at all times and to report to UWT any technical issues. UWT is not liable for any loss or damage to the Customer resulting from service issues.
Payments & Billing: In addition to previously listed payment terms under clause titled Credit Card Payments During and After a Billing Cycle and Prepayment Options and Conditions, the following applies for Call Forwarding services:
- Service / plan monthly fees are charged every month in advance during the first week of the month.
- If customer is prepaying by Money Transfer or PayPal, Service / plan monthly fees if applicable will be debited from Customer’s prepayment balance every month in advance and other usage will be debited in real time as incurred from Customer’s prepayment balance.
- If Customer is prepaying by Money Transfer or PayPal and the prepaid remaining balance is insufficient to pay for the monthly fee of the current plan selection, the service plan(s) in the account will automatically be downgraded to the next lower plan (that can be paid by the available balance). If the remaining balance does not support a downgraded plan, then the phone number(s) will be canceled. Reactivation of the same number(s) may not be possible or otherwise will be subject to a $25.00 re-activation fee. The remaining account balance will be available for 120 days as credit towards purchase of UWT services after which it will be forfeited.
Cancellation: Service cancellations must be submitted either from the customer panel or by email to cancel [at ] uwtcallback.com no later than the last business day of the month during US EST business hours. The cancellation will be effective on the last business day of the month during US EST business hours. No pro-rated refunds will be made for the month in which the cancellation has been requested. All rollover minutes accumulated for a service line or account will expire upon cancellation of the service or the rollover option. Rollover minutes may NOT be transferred to a different service line or account. If no charges or fees are incurred for 120 days, the account will be closed and remaining balance if any forfeited.
Service Plan upgrade: Service plans can be upgraded at any time using the online control panel; the upgrade changes on the service plan will take effect on the first day of the following month. There is no fee for upgrading a service plan. All accumulated rollover minutes will be transferred to the higher plan when upgrading service plan for a number.
Service Plan downgrade: Service plans can be downgraded at any time using the online control panel; the downgrade changes on the service plan will take effect on the first day of the following month. – A $10.00 fee will apply when downgrading a service plan for each number affected. When downgrading a service plan for a number the total rollover minutes transferred to the lower plan may NOT exceed one month of included minutes for the lower service plan.
Rollover accumulation & expiration: Rollover minutes will accumulate for a maximum of 6 months. Beginning from the 7th month following rollover accumulation, unused rollover minutes will expire starting from the first month of accumulation.
Per Minute Rates & Fees: While it may be rare and due to unforeseeable cost changes, all rates and fees are subject to change at any time without prior notice to customer. UWT will make reasonable efforts to inform customers of rate and fee changes by posting announcements on the online account management system. Customer agrees to check possible rate changes through online account management system and also agrees not to hold UWT liable for any price differences as a result of changes in per minute rates or fees.
Minimum Usage Requirement for International Toll Free Number: UWT strongly recommends that the customer generates minimum 15 minutes call traffic monthly on the toll free numbers to avoid potential disconnection by the local authorities. Local providers in some countries may deactivate, reclaim and reassign toll free numbers that have no call usage for certain time period even without informing UWT. While we work hard to detect such incidents as soon as possible, due to international access limitations, we may not detect these disconnections without customer’s feedback. In such an instance, UWT will reimburse the customer for the service fee for the month in which the disconnection has been detected.
Surcharge for Mobile Accessible International Toll Free Numbers: UWT reserves the right to add up to $0.50 per minute surcharge for the calls originating from a Mobile Accessible Toll Free Number (USA toll free numbers are excluded) when the percentage of mobile originated minutes exceeds 30% of total call traffic from that specific toll free number. This surcharge will be applied to the specific toll free number calls starting from the beginning of the month in which the higher than 30% mobile originated call traffic has been detected by UWT.
Port Out Requests and Processing: Customer may request porting out of a number from an account that has been paid in full until the port out request is completed. Due to incurrence of cost from our local providers, United World Telecom will charge a one-time $25 processing fee for each number to be ported out to another service provider.
Number registration: Some countries may require documentation for the registration of the number a copy of ID (such as passport or national ID), business registration and proof of address (copy of recent local utility invoice showing the customer name and address). If such registration is required, United World Telecom will request the information from its customers. Customer acknowledges and agrees that this information may be shared with telecom providers involved in the provisioning and local authorities for the country where the number was requested.
Terms and Conditions for Callback, Global Call Connect (GCC), Virtual Calling Card (VCC) and VoIP Services
Fees: There is no fee to sign up and you will only be charged for the connected calls.
Auto and Manual Recharge (Applicable to Prepaid Payment Method Only): UWT provides customers with a convenient auto recharge option, which can be opted out by the customer during sign up process or can be turned on or off through online account access page after sign up. Auto recharge allows customers to initiate an automatic recharge for the service line(s) in the account when the usage goes below a preselected threshold (a $3.00 default threshold per service line is set in the account if this option is activated at the time of sign up). When activated, auto recharge will initiate a credit card charge for the selected recharge amount for that service line from customers credit card when available call credit falls below the set threshold. Auto recharge option is currently available with credit card payment method only. All other payment methods will need to use manual recharge process, which is available in our online account management system. Call credit on a service line will expire 12 months after last usage or recharge (whichever comes first)
Governing Law: These terms and conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Florida.
Billing Disputes: Customer may dispute any invoiced charge by notifying UWT in writing and furnishing information sufficient to allow UWT to investigate Customer’s claim, provided Customer’s notification is received by UWT no later than sixty (60) days after invoice containing such charges has been made available in UWT’s customer portal. All invoiced charges shall be deemed to be correct and indisputable sixty (60) days after invoice availability on UWT’s customer portal.
Mediation and Arbitration: ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE, OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PREEXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND UWT, its agents, employees, principals, successors, assigns, affiliates (collectively for purposes of this paragraph, “UWT”) arising from or relating to this Agreement, its interpretation, or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships which result from this Agreement (including, to the full extent permitted by applicable law, relationships with third parties who are not signatories to this Agreement), UWT’s advertising, or any related purchase SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE NATIONAL ARBITRATION FORUM (NAF) under its Code of Procedure then in effect (available via the Internet at http://www.arb-forum.com , or via telephone at 1-800-474-2371). In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between NAF Code of Procedure and this Agreement, this Agreement shall control. The arbitration will be limited solely to the dispute or controversy between customer and UWT. NEITHER CUSTOMER NOR UWT SHALL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER CUSTOMERS, OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIM AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS ACTION OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. The individual (non-class) nature of this dispute provision goes to the essence of the parties’ arbitration agreement, and if found unenforceable, the entire arbitration provision shall not be enforced. This transaction involves interstate commerce, and this provision shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act 9 U.S.C. sec. 1-16 (FAA). Any award of the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding on each of the parties, and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. UWT will not be responsible for paying any individual customer arbitration fees. If any customer prevails on any claim that affords the prevailing party attorneys’ fees, or if there is a written agreement providing for fees, the Arbitrator may award reasonable fees to the prevailing party, under the standards for fee shifting provided by law. Otherwise, each party shall pay for its own costs and attorneys’ fees, if any. Information may be obtained and claims may be filed with the NAF at P.O. Box 50191, Minneapolis, MN 55405.
Severance: If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Non-assignment: You may not assign, or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions. UWT may assign or transfer any of its rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to such third parties as it deems fit by way of notice in writing to you.
Non-waiver of rights: Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. Headings in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
No third party rights: No third party shall have any right to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
Illegal Activity: The Service shall not be used for any unlawful activities or in connection with any criminal or civil violation and the Services shall in all cases be used in compliance with applicable law. Use of the Service for transmission, distribution, retrieval, or storage of any information, data or other material in violation of any applicable law or regulation (including, where applicable, any tariff or treaty) is prohibited. UWT reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrong. Activities, which are in violation of any local, state or federal laws, statutes, regulations, treaties and/or tariffs, would constitute a flagrant violation of the terms and conditions. UWT may terminate the Service if Customer violates the Terms and Conditions of Service in any way, including abuse of the Service or violations of applicable laws. UWT shall not be liable for Customer’s violation of any law and Customer shall hold UWT harmless for any liability for such violations.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
UWT reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions at any time. The customer understands and agrees that the latest version of the terms and conditions overrides all previous versions. Customer hereby confirms that all information provided in this application by him/her is true and complete and is made to obtain telephone service. The person signing this agreement is duly authorized to execute this agreement. The implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose are hereby disclaimed and excluded. United World Telecom shall not be liable to the subscriber or any third party for any incidental or consequential damage.
Further inquiries may be directed to:
United World Telecom, LC
3333 S Congress Ave Suite #300
Delray Beach, FL 33445
Phone: +1 877 898 8646 or +1 561 276 7156
Last Revised: January 16, 2018