SIP trunking enables your business to add advanced cloud communication functionality to your phone system. And with the right provider, you can improve your business phone system reliably and cost-effectively.
But how do you choose the right SIP trunk service for your specific needs?
Here we list the top 7 South Africa SIP trunk providers with information on features and pricing.
Choose the Best South Africa Trunk Service
You will find many South Africa SIP trunk providers in the course of your research. Choosing the right SIP provider is crucial to ensure you have access to uninterrupted and high-quality voice service. To choose the best South Africa SIP trunk service, you must first determine your communication needs and budget. Then, research and compare different providers to find one that meets your requirements.
What to Look for in SIP Trunk Providers?
When researching for a new global SIP provider, look for:
- Availability of cloud phone numbers and voice solutions in target regions
- Range of features included within the plan as well as premium features and services
- Different pricing and payment options (look for volume discounts and competitive pricing)
- Long-term contract requirements and hidden fees (set up, one-time, cancellation, minimum, etc.)
- Easy-to-use online control panel or dashboard
- 24/7 responsive customer support
List of South Africa SIP Trunk Providers
Here’s a list of South Africa SIP trunk providers that offer SIP and voice solutions to businesses in the country and the rest of the world. We’ve listed down the features offered and pricing information.
*Note: Costs mentioned in this article are current at the time of publishing and may be subject to changes.
1. Global Call Forwarding
Global Call Forwarding is a leading global provider of local, toll-free, and international phone numbers. We offer cloud communication solutions to global businesses, with voice solutions for more than 160 countries. Our global SIP solutions comes with outbound calling and can be integrated with your existing PBX system—no need for extra equipment or installation.
- International DID numbers
- Local, toll-free, and international phone numbers
- Advanced call routing solutions
- International call forwarding
- Call recording
- Call detail records
- Outbound calling with local caller ID management
- Call masking
- IVR and call flow builder
- Compatible with most PBX systems, including 3CX, Asterisk, etc.
Global Call Forwarding offers SIP trunking for different countries around the world. Our pricing includes the cost of a country phone number + a $25 outbound calling credit. So, our South Africa SIP trunks start at $37.95/month, whereas the cost of a South Africa number is $12.95/month. Each of our SIP trunks has 10 channels for concurrent calling.
2. Kinetix Connect
Established in 2014, Kinetix Connect is part of the Kinetix group. The group offers business voice and data communications solutions. And Kinetix Connect offers a complete 3CX solution along with hosted voice solutions and SIP trunks for businesses in South Africa.
Their reliable phone and SIP service can easily integrate into a phone system. And they specialize in multi-branch deployment — all through 3CX’s platform.
- IP-enabled voice
- Inbound and outbound termination
- Web conferencing integrations
- CRM integrations
- UC capabilities
Their pricing structure is pretty straightforward. They offer 3CX PBX extensions for R95.00 (USD $5.69) per extension per month.
Vox is one of the leading providers of internet, cellular, and telecommunications in South Africa. They offer a flexible SIP trunking solution for SMEs that is fully supported by 3CX.
- Free video conferencing
- Integrated call center capabilities
- Instant messaging
- Microsoft Teams integrations
For pricing information about their SIP trunking service, you’ll need to reach out to their sales team.
DataPhone is a hosted 3CX PBX platform provider in South Africa. They offer a variety of cloud telephony services including SIP trunking.
- Voice and phone coverage
- 3CX PBX features
- Call center features
- Live chat
- Account management
- Direct voice links to most South African cell phone providers and fixed-line providers
You can purchase South Africa SIP trunks directly from DataPhone’s website for R40.00 ($2.53) per month. Call rates are R0.59 ($0.03) for Mobile and R0.29 ($0.018) for National per minute.
5. Abacus Telecomm
Abacus Telecomm is a South Africa telecom provider offering VoIP, PABX, and SIP trunking services. They specialize in least-cost routing solutions to effectively reduce the cost of telecom in the country.
- SIP trunk numbers
- Number porting
- IVR and voicemail
- Ring groups
Abacus Telecomm’s SIP trunks are free of charge. However, they charge R0.24 ($0.015) per minute or R0.004 ($0.00025) per second for SA landline calls and R0.50 ($0.031) per minute or R0.008 ($0.00050) per second for SA mobile calls.
ECN is a South African telecom provider with points of presence (PoPs) located in Johannesburg, Durban, and Cape Town. With this, they can provide reliable carrier-grade voice and data services, including virtual PBX and SIP trunking. As part of their SIP trunking service, ENC provides SIP account details and registration for customers to input into their IP PBX systems.
- Geographical numbers
- Call routing
- Real-time call monitoring and reporting
- 24/7 network operations helpdesk
- Geographic number porting
You will need to contact ECN’s sales team to get a quote for their SIP trunking service.
Ecotel is one of the best hosted PBX providers in South Africa. They offer a hosted PBX solution with SIP trunking and call management features. This is a complete platform where businesses can manage, monitor, and control every aspect of their business communication system.
- Unlimited calls
- Call recording
- Call back
- Music on hold
- Mobile extensions
Ecotel’s Hosted PBX solution is priced at R32 ($1.98) per month and comes with free SIP trunks while calls start from R0.10 ($0.0062) per min. They also offer different plans based on the number of extensions required:
- 5 extensions: R45 ($2.79) per extension, total price of R225 ($13.95), includes free SIP trunk and unlimited calls between extensions
- 10 extensions: R39 ($2.42) per extension, total price of R390 ($24.18), includes free SIP trunk and unlimited calls between extensions
- 25 extensions: R35 ($2.17) per extension, total price of R875 ($54.24), includes free SIP trunk and unlimited calls between extensions
- 50 extensions: R32 ($1.98) per extension, total price of R1600 ($99.18), includes free SIP trunk and unlimited calls between extensions
SIP Trunking from Global Call Forwarding
Keep an open mind when browsing through different South Africa SIP trunk providers. After all, this service determines how well your business communicates with its clientele.
Want to learn more about our service? Global Call Forwarding is a South Africa SIP trunk provider offering global SIP to businesses across the world. Find out more by chatting with our experts or requesting a demo! Call us at +1 (561) 908-6171 or chat with us online!