Hearing the phrase SIP trunking everywhere but don’t know what it means or if it can impact your business? SIP trunking can give your office phone system a boost by connecting different extensions through the internet. Let’s have a look at what SIP trunking is and if your company needs a new phone system.
SIP Trunking: What Is It?
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a means of initiating and sending voice and other unified communications services through the internet. And SIP works with IP-enabled private branch exchange systems (PBX). A PBX system connects incoming calls with any extension within your company. Before SIP options were available, calls were made through public switched telephone network (PSTN) lines. But now, SIP trunking takes this a step further by enabling the PBX to send and receive calls via the internet eliminating the need for standard PTSN. And so, SIP gives voice over internet protocol (VoIP) capabilities to your regular PBX. It works with virtual phone lines that run through bandwidth data.
VoIP capabilities enable the ability to transmit voice, text, video, image, and other files from one system to another. And companies are increasingly switching to VoIP office systems to streamline and organize their internal and external communications. With SIP trunking, you can stay connected with your team as well as your customers through different mediums.
Benefits of SIP Trunking: Changing the Way Your Company Communicates
There are many benefits to incorporating SIP trunking and VoIP into your communication solutions. Virtual communications make it easier to converse through different mediums reliably. And they open doors for your business by expanding your reach and ensuring clients can connect with you from anywhere. Additionally, you can get virtual phone numbers from a service provider like Global Call Forwarding that works alongside your virtual office system. So, what are the many benefits of SIP trunking?
- Easier on the Pocket: VoIP is known for providing high-quality service at cheaper and more reasonable rates. And it becomes even more worth it when you consider that it is transmitting multimedia files at those rates, something traditional lines cannot do.
- Supports and Encourages International Calling: For businesses with an international clientele, SIP trunking can help reduce your long-distance calling charges. And this is simply because the call is routed over an international call forwarding service through the internet. You can get virtual numbers such as toll free numbers or local numbers.
- Offers Unlimited Number of Channels: SIP trunks host an unlimited number of channels so you can use it no matter what your bandwidth is. Sold in smaller quantities, these lines are easy to set up and more cost-effective than traditional lines which sell in bundles of 23. And you can have multiple virtual lines running through the system.
- Improves Scalability: SIP trunking also allows you to scale up or down easily as lines can be added in gradually based on your need and convenience. And, you can increase capacity at any time.
- Reliability: Since SIP trunks work on broadband internet connections, they can enter and cover different geographic areas. And so, with SIP, you can set up and manage unlimited geographic and non-geographic numbers. This is perfect for companies with remote offices and employees.
Improve Communication Systems With SIP and VoIP
SIP trunking doesn’t require a lot of new and expensive equipment and is very easy to set up. You can contact an internet service provider, virtual phone service provider, or SIP provider to learn more about how you can use SIP trunking to support your business. Enhance your company’s communication system with SIP and VoIP today.