If you look at the current scenario in the business world today, you will notice that marketing is everything. Hence, it is not just global companies that view DID numbers as a necessary marketing tool. The benefits of DID numbers have stretched out to small, expanding businesses as well. After all, obtaining a direct virtual number that suits your business offers you an edge over your competition.
What is a DID Number?
Direct Inward Calling (DID) is a service that offers a set of telephone numbers for calling into a firm’s PBX system. These numbers are virtual numbers that help you route calls to your existing telephone lines. Companies that make use of DID numbers can provide their customers with a personal phone numbers for each employee or workstation within the company without having to run a physical line into the PBX of every possible connection.
For instance, a company might rent 100 phone numbers from the phone company that could be called over eight physical telephone lines. This can allow no more than eight active calls at any given time while the extra inbound calls will acquire a busy tone until one of these calls is completed.
If the eight calls are still ongoing, the additional inbound calls can leave a voice message as well. The PBX is designed to automatically switch a call for a specific phone number to the appropriate workstation in the office.
The Intricacy of a DID Number
DID numbers appear to be normal geographic landlines or mobile telephone numbers, but in reality it is simply a service that forwards any callers that dial that particular number to a VoIP device, landline, or mobile number in a different location. So even if a company has a phone number with the dialing code of a particular place, say Atlanta, they may, in reality, receive calls from Paris, France as they have purchased a DID number in Atlanta.
The Advantages of DID Numbers
Possessing a DID number can prove to be beneficial in a variety of ways.
- You can make use of the DID number for live voice connections as well as for fax and voice mail. These numbers help to save up on the cost of a switchboard operator.
- With DID numbers, calls go through at a much faster rate and callers get the feeling that they are contacting a person rather than a company.
- You are conveniently able to establish a local presence in any location you choose. This helps customers to get in touch with you for the cost of a local call.
- Companies with multiple international locations can greatly cut costs by making use of a DID number.
How DID Numbers Benefit Your Business
DID numbers come as a blessing for companies wanting to expand their business while at the same time not go over budget with their marketing strategies. In such cases, a DID number can be a major asset to your business. These numbers can be utilized for customer service or as help lines as they allow customers to contact your business or service without being charged for the call.
- Not only does it help to make things less costly for customers, but companies can get in touch with their every other branch and their associates overseas at affordable rates.
- Owing to cost effectiveness, small businesses are able to establish a worldwide presence.
- Companies can project the image that they are an active part of the local business community without having to move their branch there. Not a bad deal!
- Free calls can be forwarded to telephone lines, voicemail, or even to a smartphone app.
DID numbers make for an interestingly powerful marketing tool as no phone call is left unanswered. A potential customer can be contacting a DID number in one country but may end up conversing with an individual in a completely different country yet will nevertheless acquire the expertise and information they need. DID numbers can make communication widespread and affordable.
The main distinction when it comes to a physical phone system and a virtual phone system is that virtual systems make use of an already existing phone and so businesses do not have to specially purchase, install, or maintain expensive phone hardware. All that is required, when utilizing a DID is one main number while the employees are assigned their own respective extensions.
Thus, when a customer gets in touch with a company by dialing the phone number of your company’s business line (that happens to be a DID number), the call is picked up by an auto-receptionist. This call is then transferred to the extension of the employee the customer is trying to contact.
Therefore, if you require DID numbers for your company or business, feel free to get in touch with us and we will leave no stone unturned in providing you with the best packages for DID numbers that will help boost your business productivity.