What are the advantages of outsourcing your communication-needs? Do the advantages outweigh the cons? Learn everything you need to know about call center offshoring & BPO services.
Call Center Offshoring & BPO Explained
Businesses can save money by outsourcing their business processes to an offshore call center. Call center offshoring and business process outsourcing (BPO) can help you delegate certain sales and customer service duties.
Why Do Businesses Outsource Process?
From large enterprises to small businesses, companies across the board have outsourced (some, if not all) of their services to BPOs. And the main reason for this is to reduce costs.
How Does an Offshore Call Center Work?
An offshore call center takes on some of a business’ processes such as customer service, lead generation, technical support, and human resource management. As such, they work to bring on new clients and retain existing ones.
These call centers are well-equipped to handle customer inquiries and concerns. And they have the most advanced virtual call center software and tools that support call management, performance monitoring, data security, and more.
What Services Does a Call Center BPO Offer?
Businesses in almost every industry are outsourcing various processes to offshore call centers. These industries include business services, healthcare, retail, e-commerce, telecom, banking, and more. The plethora of services covered by offshore call centers have, in fact, led to subspecialties such as:
- Customer service & lead generation — Which focuses primarily on generating sales for a business and offering customer support services. As part of the lead generation process, agents contact prospects and leads on a predetermined list provided by the business. Some BPOs may even help with the creation of lead lists through market research. As part of the customer support service, agents answer calls made to business-clients and offer troubleshooting help, resolutions, and more.
- Customer interaction — Oversees a company’s communication channels such as email, phone conversations, voicemail, and social media; appointment-setting and scheduling services; marketing and telemarketing services; order and payment processing; customer support and customer success; customer feedback, and more.
- Travel & tourism — Focuses on offering support and itinerary-planning services to travelers. Works with local and international tourism companies for deals and promotions.
- Financial services — Focuses on finance and banking-related services such as payment processing; activation of services; collection; billing and counting services; general accounting; auditing, and more.
- IT and software-focused — Offers technical support; technology-related troubleshooting; offshore software product development; implementation services; IT helpdesk, and more.
Pros & Cons of Call Center Offshoring
So, should your business take advantage of call center offshoring & BPO services? Let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of using an outsourcing service.
Pros of Using a Call Center BPO
1. Lower communication-related costs
Sending your business processes offshore can help reduce or eliminate costs related to business communication or running a call center. Since you do not need a comprehensive team of sales agents and customer service reps and managers, you can save on hiring costs as well.
2. Lower staffing issues
Your BPO will be responsible for hiring, training, and managing agents and reps. You won’t have to worry about conducting performance analysis or scheduling agents or even managing call center agents. This can save you time and money.
3. Better call management
Offshore call centers come equipped with advanced call center software and tools. This ranges from call management features to call recording and analytics. With these services, you can often get better customer support and learn how to appease customers better. Additionally, you can handle high call volumes or high periods of call traffic by outsourcing to your BPO from time to time.
4. Better business continuity
Virtual call centers can have multiple geographic locations spread across the globe. This can help your business offer 24/7 customer support in regional languages and time zones.
Cons of Call Center Offshoring & BPO
1. Lack of company knowledge
When you outsource business needs, not every agent may be thoroughly schooled in your company’s mission, values, and product education. As such, they may not be able to provide the level or standard of service your business promises.
2. Less control over business functions
When outsourcing, you give control of basic and core services to agents and employees you have not worked with. Additionally, it may be hard to track and monitor each agent representing your business for quality assurance.
3. Decreased customer satisfaction
Usually, agents and reps from a BPO don’t offer the same personalized service as your business would. Customers realizing this may be less satisfied with the service they have received and may seek better service elsewhere.
Is Call Center Offshoring Right for You?
Depending on the size and needs of your business, a combination of onshore call center and offshore call center services may be a better choice. This way, you still have control over your own call center. Additionally, you can take advantage of virtual call center software to utilize the same tools and features that call centers use. And you will have the back-up support of offshore centers as well. To learn more, speak with our experts at 1 (888) 908 6171.