There are many questions that you may have regarding making calls across borders, especially when you are calling another location in the world. If you are in Puerto Rico and you have to make an international call using a 1800 number, do you know exactly how to do it? If you do not know how to go through the prompts, it can be a bit complicated. You may end up spending a lot of money for a single call. Above all, you need to know the steps for calling 1800 numbers from Puerto Rico.
Do you Need to Call the US From Puerto Rico Often?
There may come a time when you need to make calls from Puerto Rico. Perhaps you want to call 1800 because your family is in another location and it will give you peace of mind if you can speak to them as often as possible. All the while, it will be of utmost importance to be able to make calls without huge expenses.
Here are the steps for how to call US 1800 numbers from Puerto Rico to the United States:
- Dial 011-1
- Dial 1800
- Dial the landline number or the mobile phone number that you are trying to call.
If in the event you do not understand the numbers that are mentioned above, you should remember the following:
- 011 – This is the exit code for Puerto Rico. When you dial this, it means that you are making an international phone call.
- 1 – This is the country code of the United States.
- 800 – This is one of the area codes of the United States. Remember that there are different codes available. You need to dial a different area code if you are calling a person or a company located in a different country.
Let us say that you want to know how to call Puerto Rico when you are in a different location. You also have to know the international code (+787), the area codes and the actual Puerto Rico phone numbers in order to proceed. This is the same with all other destinations.
What If You Need Unlimited Calls?
It was mentioned earlier that if you needed to make calls to your loved ones and you would be calling internationally all the time, the phone bills will be exorbitant. As an alternative, there are different ways that you can get unlimited calls to the US from Puerto Rico.
Use Call Collect – This is ideal if you are calling to contact a company. Perhaps you have some questions about some products you have purchased recently or you have some inquiries about the availability of the products you want. A company may offer call collect so that you can call them and not pay for the call. It will also help to know Puerto Rico toll-free numbers that you can use for your calling needs.
Use an App – Applications have truly changed the way that people communicate with each other. Gone are the days when writing letters was the only method available in order to communicate. Calling via phone used to be very expensive; but now you can use an app to call people for free. Whether you are going to call sellers, companies, your friends, or your family members, the right app can be effective. With different features available, there are things you can utilize that would not otherwise be available via other platforms.
Find Affordable Phone Services – There are phone providers that offer various packages that will fit your different needs. Global Call Forwarding is one of such companies that can provide the services you want by looking at their offerings. They even offer plans with unlimited calls. Subscribers have the option to reach more than one number when they call from Puerto Rico to another country. There are different considerations to think about, but with the right service provider, meeting your needs as a caller will be possible.
Some Tips on Calling Internationally
- Make sure that you know the right area code. There are various prefixes assigned to different countries. The moment that you make a mistake with even a single digit, you will be dialing a wrong number. This can be a hassle not only for you but for the household, company, or person that you called.
- Take note of the time difference. A 12-hour time difference is no joke, especially if the receiver is getting the call at an awkward or absurd hour. Companies normally offer 24-hour services but if you are calling 1800 for personal reasons, take note of the time zones.
- Calling via landline or mobile phone is almost the same. You just have to know the exact number to call so you will not make a mistake.
- If you are going to use phone services in order to make calls, make sure that you choose the best one available depending on your needs. There are different packages and plans offered by different companies. It will be up to you to choose.
- Have a phone that can call internationally. In some countries, though you may have a phone to make outgoing calls to international locations, there are some types of calls that are limited. Make sure that your phone can be used internationally before you start calling, however.
One of the biggest misconceptions is that people assume that calling from Canada, or other areas in North America will be the same as calling from Puerto Rico. This is not the case, and you should always learn the specifics prior to making calls to 1800 numbers so that no surprises will come up.
Additionally, there are still going to be some slight differences such as with the phone service plans that are being offered by different providers. Calling internationally will not be hard to do when you choose a service provider such as Global Call Forwarding that offers calling plans at affordable rates.
With all of the details that you have learned, you are now aware that calling 1800 numbers from Puerto Rico is possible, as long as you know what to do.