United World Telecom LC
Delray Beach, Florida — Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take lead on migrating current system(s) to AWS/Google/Microsoft cloud infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Continuously monitor network activities with internal and external tools and implement necessary changes to ensure the integrity and security of our network against intrusions, attacks, malware, virus, and other types of potential online threats.
- Participate in conceiving, designing, building, and launching new user-facing features
- Work with API platforms such as Bandwidth API, WebSockets, and WebRTC to improve our vendor integration and calling features.
- Develop new and enhance existing integrations with other SaaS platforms like Google speech-to-text and Microsoft Teams among others.
- Take part in code reviews and provide overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Proven track record in building modern back-end systems with at least 5 years of experience using PHP and SQL.
- Strong knowledge of SQL (writing and optimizing queries) as well as SQL server implementations.
- Well versed in managing servers in general, but more specifically have experience with Apache, Linux, server backups, redundancy and virtualization.
- Experience with REST, XML, JSON, etc.
- Experience with one or more cloud providers like AWS, Microsoft Azure, OCI – Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Version control using GIT
- Knowledge of web performance and speed/memory optimization techniques.
- API design experience for frontend or server-to-server.
- Basic understanding of web servers, SSL, deployments, and continuous integration.
- Excellent time management, effective communication and collaboration in a fully distributed team.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid sick time
- Growth opportunities
$90,000 – $120,000 per year
To apply, please contact Bulent Erkaya, COO