What is Voicemail Transcription?
Voicemail Transcription transcribes incoming voicemails and displays them in a text format. This gives you the option to read and download the voicemails as text messages.
By leveraging AI and machine learning, the new Voicemail Transcription feature has an accuracy level of over 90% in terms of detecting and transcribing over 55+ languages and accents including French, German, Hindi, Italian, Spanish, Thai, etc.
How Does it Work?
Voicemail Transcription – also known as Visual Voicemail and Voicemail-to-Text – basically takes the audio from a voicemail and converts it into text. This allows you to read the voicemail like a text message and understand the contents without listening to the audio file.
For Global Call Forwarding users:
Interested customers can turn this feature on for each phone line in the Control Panel.
Then, when callers leave voicemails on your phone line, these voicemails will automatically be transcribed into text. You can then view or download your voicemail transcripts directly from the Control Panel. Or, you can configure and automatically forward voicemail recordings and transcripts to preferred email addresses.
Benefits of Visual Voicemail
So, how can your business use voicemail transcripts in your day-to-day processes? Here are some key benefits of the Visual Voicemail feature:
• Quickly scan through text in emails — This is arguably a faster way of receiving voicemail messages since you don’t have to play audio files to understand the contents.
• Streamline their outbound calling efforts — Read messages and prioritize which calls to return first.
• Download and view transcripts on preferred platforms — Forward voicemails to emails and access them on your smartphone, laptop, etc., when you are not in the office.
• Share voicemails — Simply highlight and send important parts of a voicemail and collaborate with relevant team members
• Read when you cannot listen — This is especially helpful for those with accessibility issues or who simply cannot play audio out loud.
• Filter calls — Identify potential scammers and blacklist their phone numbers without needing to speak with them.
How Much Does Visual Voicemail Cost?
While our Voicemail and Voicemail-to-Email features come free with all Global Call Forwarding plans, our Voicemail Transcription feature is $4.95/month + $0.05/minute per line.