Whether you run a business in the UK or are looking to expand there, you will come in contact with 0800 and 0808 UK freephone numbers. In this article, we will discuss what these numbers are, how they work, and how they can benefit a business’s communication system.
UK Freephone Numbers
UK freephone numbers — also called UK toll free numbers and free call numbers — are telephone numbers with toll free service. These numbers begin with the prefix 800, 0800, 1-800, or 0808 followed by 7 digits. In 2015, 0800 and 0808 freephone numbers became universally free to call from landlines and mobile lines. Enterprises located in the United Kingdom or those conducting business in the country can make use of UK freephone numbers to enhance their business communications.
How do these toll free numbers work? Calls made to these numbers are charged to the receiver (the business) instead of the caller. Therefore, callers calling a business for customer support or product inquiries can call 0800 and 0808 freephone numbers for free.
- Some common uses of 0800 and 0808 numbers are:
- Sales and customer support lines for businesses
- Government helplines
- Charity hotlines
Benefits of UK Toll Free Numbers
So, why should your company get UK freephone numbers? With providers like Global Call Forwarding offering international toll free service, you can get a 0800 or 0808 freephone number even if your business is not located in the UK. Doing so helps you expand your business to this part of the world by establishing a nationwide presence.
When you get UK freephone numbers from a virtual phone service provider like Global Call Forwarding, you can:
- Get mobile-accessible UK toll free numbers
- Set up virtual communications with prospects and business partners in the UK
- Customize and manage communications with your own VoIP phone system
- Forward incoming calls to any number or line located anywhere in the world
- Reduce international calling rates and save costs
- Set up 24/7 customer service with IVR and call routing options
- Add numbers for employees, departments, remote offices, etc
- Encourage customers to call your business by providing a free and reliable way to connect
- Increase sales and customer satisfaction by making your business accessible
How to Get UK Freephone Numbers for Your Business?
Getting a UK toll free business number is easy if you know what to look for. You can get such toll free service from any toll free number provider. However, there are some factors to consider. For example:
- Do you want additional virtual communication features such as call recording, IVR, outbound calling, etc?
- The provider’s credibility and their service’s reliability.
- Cost of service and ease of use.
- Range of coverage.
- Call quality and call routing options, and so on.
It is important to choose a UK toll free number provider based on your business’s communication needs. Global Call Forwarding offers 5 different plans for our international toll free numbers. You can pick a plan that suits your needs best. These virtual number plans come equipped with basic communication features such as:
- Call forwarding (including Time of Day Routing and Select Country Routing)
- Unlimited extensions
- SIP trunking
- Call transfer
- Custom greetings and local ringback tones, etc.
You can add premium features for an additional price. These include:
- Call recording software (inbound and outbound)
- Outbound calling with customizable outgoing caller ID
- Rollover minutes
- Inbound SMS plan (if applicable)
UK Virtual Numbers
Ready to get UK freephone numbers with Global Call Forwarding? Sign up on our homepage today or call us to learn more about UK virtual business numbers.