The United Kingdom is a major player in the world of business as it is home to many of the most influential global enterprises. The UK is also one of the most politically authoritative and economically dominant countries in the world which adds to its draw for companies looking to expand on the global stage. UK toll free numbers are a perfect way to do that.
Get a UK Toll Free Number Today
If you want to develop your business and expand it to other countries, then toll free numbers can be a great solution. This is because 0800 numbers allow calls from the United Kingdom to be forwarded to a phone in any country in the world. This not only saves time and money for businesses but also helps employees to manage calls and respond to customer queries. UK toll free numbers give companies the ability to develop a virtual presence which improves communication and streamlines marketing and sales efforts.
Many companies from all over the world have a presence in the UK in order to grow their customer base. These companies often have to maintain communications with employees and customers in the UK. Such communications allow businesses to answer questions or organize logistics. As a result, having a functional and affordable communications method is essential. This is where toll free numbers become so essential to business success. Read on to find out more about why you and your business should buy a toll free number in the United Kingdom.
What Is a UK Toll Free Number?
Toll free numbers in the United Kingdom, commonly referred to as “freephone numbers,” are a special type of phone number that do not bill the caller, but rather the toll free number subscriber.
Unlike other types phone numbers, toll free numbers incur no charge to the calling party. As such, UK toll free numbers are great for customers who would like to contact your business about questions and concerns that they may have. Callers will never have to worry about excessive phone charges.
Toll free numbers not only allow for customers and employees in the UK to call your business for free, they can also be used as a fantastic sales and marketing solution. They enable global companies to establish themselves as professional local enterprises. UK toll free numbers give global companies the ability to succeed and expand in the UK market with relatively little investment.
How Does a UK Freephone Number Work?
Freephone numbers were created to enable people to contact an individual or business without having to pay for the call themselves. This is possible because toll free number providers in the United Kingdom reroute the call and call charge to the company that subscribes to the toll free number. By taking the charge away from customers, companies can improve relations and help prevent issues.
Toll Free Number Format in the United Kingdom
Toll free numbers in the UK cover regions which include; England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. Every toll free number assigned to an individual or business by a provider is given a dialing prefix. The prefix acts like a postal code, and enables calls to be routed to existing phone lines within a business without any charge to the caller.
In the UK, the prefixes used are 800 and 0808. Some older toll free numbers have the prefix of 0500. The most common prefix is 0800. Seven digits follow the prefix, and these digits ensure that each number is unique.
Phone numbers with prefixes of 0800 and 0808 have been free for landlines and mobile phones in the United Kingdom since July 2015.
How Can You Get a UK Toll Free Number?
With global expansion becoming increasingly important for business growth and development, there is no better time to set up a toll free number. Thankfully getting a UK toll free number for you or your business is straightforward:
- Find a UK toll free number provider.
- Reliability is of paramount importance when looking for a toll free number service provider. In line with this, quality should be given a higher priority than price as the most reliable providers may not also be the cheapest. Having a reliable phone provider will help to ensure call quality of toll free number lines meet global business standards.
- Purchase a unique toll free number
- Once a reliable provider is found you will be able to purchase a unique 0800 or 0808 number.
- Assess the cost of a toll free number in the United Kingdom
- Cost of UK toll free numbers can vary depending on where in the world calls are forwarded to and what mechanism will be used to answer the incoming calls. The rate per minute of UK toll free numbers varies depending on the country in which the call is received. For example, if a call is made in the UK, but received in the US, it would be charged at a different rate per minute to a call received in Australia.
- How UK toll free calls are answered will also affect costs. Calls that are received with a VoIP software are typically cheaper than those that are sent to a landline and so this should be an important consideration for your company when purchasing and setting up a toll free number.
- Start receiving calls
- Service providers will handle the setup of the UK toll free number, so all you need to do to get started with is spread the word to customers and employees. Having a UK freephone number for your business will help expand the services and features that your existing telephone service offers.
There has never been a better time to purchase a UK toll free number for yourself or your company. UK toll free numbers enable more people to call your business and this will of course help with expansion and global growth. The purchase and use of a toll free number may be a small change but it could be the boost that your business needs to expand into new countries and new marketplaces. So why not give your company the opportunity to succeed that it deserves and buy a UK toll free number today.