The United Kingdom is a major player in the world of business as it is home to many of the most influential global enterprises. The UK is also one of the most politically authoritative and economically dominant countries in the world which adds to its draw for companies looking to expand on the global stage. UK Toll Free Numbers are a perfect way to do that.
If you want to develop your business and spread it to other countries then toll free numbers can be a great solution. This is because toll free numbers allow calls from the UK to be forwarded to a phone in any country in the world. This not only saves time and money for businesses but also helps employees to manage calls and respond to customer queries. UK toll free numbers give companies the ability to develop a virtual presence which improves communication and streamlines marketing and sales efforts.
Many companies from all over the world have a presence in the UK in order to grow their customer base. These companies often have to maintain communications with employees and customers in the UK. Such communications allow businesses to answer questions or organize logistics. As a result, having a functional and affordable communications method is essential. This is where Toll Free numbers become so essential to business success. Read on to find out more about why you and your business should invest in a UK number.
What are Toll Free Numbers?
Toll free numbers, typically referred to as freephone numbers within the UK, are a special type of phone number that do not bill the originating phone subscriber, but rather passes the call charge to the owner of the toll free number. This means, that unlike many other phone numbers, there is no charge for the dailing party. Another added benefit of having a toll free number is that there are no mobile surcharges. As such, UK toll free numbers are great for customers who would like to contact businesses about any questions or concerns that they may have, without having to worry about excessive phone charges.
Toll free numbers not only allow for customers and employees to call into the UK for free, they can also be used as a fantastic sales and marketing solution which allows global companies to establish themselves as a local enterprise. UK toll free numbers give global companies the ability to succeed and expand in the UK market with relatively little investment.
How does a Toll Free Number work?
Toll free numbers were created to enable people to contact an individual or business without having to pay for the call themselves. This is possible because toll free number providers reroute the call and call charge to the company subscribing to the toll free number. By taking the charge away from customers companies can improve relations and help prevent issues.
Toll free numbers in the UK cover regions which include; England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. Every toll free number assigned to an individual or business by a provider is given a dialling prefix, and in the UK the prefixes used are 800 and 0808 with some older toll free numbers having the prefix of 0500. In the UK, phone numbers with prefixes of 0800 and 0808 have been free for landlines and mobile phones since July 2015. The prefix acts like a postal or zip code and enables calls to be routed to existing phone lines within a business without any charge to the caller. Seven digits follow the prefix, and these digits ensure that each number is unique.
Why use a Toll Free Number?
Having the option to forward calls from the UK to your businesses home base will enable your business to develop a presence in the UK without having to incur the cost of setting up a physical office there.
By expanding to the UK your businesses potential for growth and development will increase and so too will your company’s revenue potential and profits. Revenue for every business is important regardless of size. All this is possible without having to spend large amounts of money. UK toll free numbers are an affordable option for growth and will therefore allow your business to stand out from the competition and attract new customers.
Toll free numbers enhance a company’s professional image because the most successful international companies have toll free phone lines. In order to compete and grow, it is important that your company joins this trend and uses a toll free number. Toll free numbers are also really easy to use and this means that creating an improved business image can be done with very little effort on your part.
How can you get a UK Toll Free Number?
With international business becoming increasingly important for commercial growth and development, there is no better time to set up a toll free number. Thankfully getting a UK Toll Free number for you or your business is straightforward:
- Find a UK Toll Free number provider
- A. Reliability is of paramount importance when looking for a toll free number service provider. In line with this, quality should be given a higher priority than price as the most reliable providers may not also be the cheapest. Having a reliable phone provider will help to ensure call quality of toll free number lines meet global business standards.
- Purchase a unique toll free number
- A. Once a reliable provider is found you will be able to purchase a unique toll free number.
- Assess the cost of a toll free number in the United Kingdom
- A. Cost of UK toll free numbers can vary dependant on where in the world calls are forwarded to and what mechanism will be used to answer the incoming calls. The rate per minute of UK toll free numbers varies depending on the country in which the call is received. For example, if a call is made in the UK, but received in the US, it would be charged at a different rate per minute to a call received in India.
- B. How UK toll free calls are answered will also affect costs. Calls that are received with a VoIP software are typically cheaper than those that are sent to a landline and so this should be an important consideration for your company when purchasing and setting up a toll free number.
- Start receiving calls
- A. Service providers will handle the setup of the UK toll free number, so all you need to do to get started with your toll free number is spreading the word to customers and employees. Having a UK toll free number for your business will help to expand the services and features that your existing phone line and telephone service offers.
There has never been a better time to purchase a UK toll free number for yourself or your company. UK toll free numbers enable more people to call your business and this will of course help with expansion and global growth. The purchase and use of a toll free number may be a small change but it could be the boost that your business needs to expand into new countries and new marketplaces. So why not give your company the opportunity to succeed that it deserves and buy a UK toll free number today.