UK virtual phone numbers are easy to manage and adjust to specific preferences. Businesses looking to establish satellite offices or customer care centers in different countries can use a UK virtual number to forward incoming calls to any location. This helps save costs on customer care while continuing to offer excellent customer service.
Before we take a look at why you should buy a UK phone number to scale your business, it’s important to understand how these numbers work.
What is a UK Virtual Number?
UK phone numbers are cloud-based phone numbers that are customized to fit a business’s needs. They use VoIP technology to exist virtually and can be managed from any laptop or desktop. All a business needs is access to cloud-based control panels to manage its number.
Because the UK economy is largely built on the service industry, communication plays a vital role for any business hoping to offer its services there. One of the best ways to ignite communication is by providing a UK VoIP number for customers.
Virtual phone numbers can be local or toll free and are easy to manage with minimum effort. When businesses choose Global Call Forwarding, they also gain advanced features that include customized voicemail greetings, local ringback tones, and simultaneous ringing.
Types of UK Virtual Numbers
You can get different types of UK phone numbers for your business. Global Call Forwarding offers:
- UK toll free numbers — free to call from anywhere within the country.
- UK mobile numbers — start with 07, and are SMS-capable.
- National UK numbers — start with 330 and 843, and are reachable from the entire country.
- Local/geographical UK numbers — available with specific area codes from top cities in the country.
UK Phone Number Format
UK’s country code is (+44). The UK phone number format includes the dialing code (+0), the toll free (800, 808) or area code, and the 7-digit subscriber number:
The UK toll free number format is +44 (0800) xxx-xxxx.
The UK local number format is +44 (020) 3xxx-xxxx.
*London area code (203)
A reliable suite of included and premium features to power your business communications.
Hosted Call Recording
Time of Day Routing
IVR (Auto Attendant)
Local Ringback Tones
Fax to Email
Black / White Lists
Benefits of Using a UK Number for Business
Why should your business buy a UK phone number?
With a UK virtual number, you can:
- Develop a local presence even if you are an international company
- Gain access to the United Kingdom market
- Communicate cost-effectively with local customers
- Attract a new customer base to purchase your products and services
- Increase revenue and sales by entering a new market
- Get access to cloud communication features for improved call management
- Use your number for advertising locally
How Much Does a UK Virtual Number Cost?
Global Call Forwarding offers UK virtual numbers starting at $7.95 per month.
We offer five different virtual phone number plans that include monthly minutes plus an additional per-minute rate.
Try Global Call Forwarding Free for 15 Days
Experience the quality of our full service risk-free without any commitment.
Fast & Easy Setup • No Commitment.
How to Get a UK Phone Number?
You can buy a UK phone number from Global Call Forwarding in two ways:
- Find and purchase your phone numbers online on our website.
- Speak with our representatives to learn more and get your questions answered.
To purchase your numbers online, follow these steps:
- Visit our Pricing page.
- Select your new number from the left dialog box.
- Choose United Kingdom, type of number, prefix, and number available.
- Then, enter the necessary information in the right dialog box to have your calls forwarded. Note: You can forward calls to any location or VoIP/SIP system.
- Click on View Rates and choose from our five different plans.
- Add premium services, if desired. We offer Call Recording, Outbound Calling, Rollover Minutes, and an Inbound SMS plan.
- Submit your order and wait for your service to be activated.
A Company You Can Trust
Experience unmatched expertise and support from leaders in the industry.
Why Do Business in the UK?
The UK has been surprisingly flexible in the face of a global economy. It is currently the sixth-largest importer in the world and has the second-largest stocks of inward foreign investment. There are four unique economies in the United Kingdom, including Scotland, Northern Ireland, England, and Wales.
The driving force for the UK economy is the service industry, comprising 78% of its GDP. London is also a significant factor, as it is the largest financial center in the world. This, in turn, leads to a stronger financial services industry. Another important industry is the aerospace engineering sector. The pharmaceutical industry is equally valuable to the strength of the UK virtual phone numbers and economy. As a result, it has the third-largest share of global pharmaceutical research and development.
Additionally, 26 of the globe’s 500 largest businesses have headquarters in the United Kingdom. Oil and gas production also plays a pivotal role in the economy, with the North Sea producing at least 2.9 billion barrels of reserve oil. The UK is, therefore, one of the largest importers of foreign oil.
The country’s wealthiest regions are South East England and Southern Scotland, while London holds its own and has the greatest GDP in the entire European economy. Service-related sectors such as restaurants, hotels, and real estate are the engine that turns the UK economy and keeps it thriving in a perilous world economy.
With UK VoIP numbers, you can enter this booming economy and increase your business’ sales and global coverage. To learn more, speak with representatives today!
The Most Trusted Provider of Business Phone Numbers
Service quality and customer experience are our top priorities.