UK virtual phone numbers are easy to buy and start using. Businesses looking to establish a presence in the United Kingdom or support local customers there can get a UK virtual number with no commitment.
Before we take a look at why you should buy a UK phone number to scale your business, it’s important to understand how these numbers work.
UK virtual numbers work using VoIP technology. This means that you can receive calls on any device globally; you don't have to be in the United Kingdom. In addition, you can make outgoing calls from a mobile or computer application.
What is a UK Virtual Number?
UK phone numbers are cloud-based phone numbers that start with the country code +44, followed by an area code. UK numbers appear more familiar to British people, encouraging them to reach out to your business. British people are less likely to dial international numbers, but if they see a local UK number, they are more inclined to call your business and answer incoming calls.
Because the UK economy is largely built on the service industry, communication plays a vital role for any business hoping to offer its services there. One of the best ways to ignite communication is by providing a UK VoIP number for customers.
Virtual phone numbers can be geographic, non-geographic, mobile, or toll-free. They are easy to manage with minimum effort. When businesses choose Global Call Forwarding, they also gain advanced features that include customized voicemail greetings, local ringback tones, business hours, IVR, and more.
Types of UK Virtual Numbers
You can get different types of UK phone numbers for your business. Global Call Forwarding offers:
- UK toll free numbers — free to call from anywhere within the country.
- UK mobile numbers — start with 07, and are SMS-capable.
- National UK numbers — start with 330 and 843, and are reachable from the entire country.
- Local/geographical UK numbers — available with specific area codes from top cities in the country.
UK Phone Number Format
UK’s country code is (+44). The UK phone number format includes the dialing code (+0), the toll-free (800, 808) or area code, and the 7-digit subscriber number:
The UK toll free number format is +44 (0808) xxx-xxxx.
The UK local number format is +44 (020) 3xxx-xxxx.
*London area code (203)
An advanced suite of included and premium features to reliably power your business communications.
Cloud Call Recording
Call Flow Designer
Time of Day Routing
Outbound Caller ID
Local Ringback Tones
Fax to Email
Benefits of Using a UK Number for Business
Why should your business buy a UK phone number?
With a UK virtual number, you can:
- Establish a local presence even if you are an international company
- Gain access to the United Kingdom market
- Communicate cost-effectively with local customers
- Attract a new customer base to purchase your products and services
- Increase revenue and sales by entering a new market
- Get access to cloud communication features for improved call management
- Use your number for advertising locally
How Much Does a UK Virtual Number Cost?
Global Call Forwarding offers UK virtual numbers starting at $7.95 per month.
We offer five different virtual phone number plans that include monthly minutes plus an additional per-minute rate.
Try Global Call Forwarding Free for 15 Days
Experience the quality of our full service risk-free without any commitment.
Fast & Easy Setup • No Commitment.
How to Get a UK Phone Number?
You can buy a UK phone number from Global Call Forwarding in two ways:
- Find and purchase your phone numbers online on our website.
- Speak with our representatives to learn more and get your questions answered.
To purchase your numbers online, follow these steps:
- Visit our Pricing page.
- Select your new number from the left dialog box.
- Choose United Kingdom, type of number, prefix, and number available.
- Then, enter the necessary information in the right dialog box to have your calls forwarded. Note: You can forward calls to any location or VoIP/SIP system.
- Click on View Rates and choose from our five different plans.
- Add premium services, if desired. We offer Call Recording, Outbound Calling, Rollover Minutes, and an Inbound SMS plan.
- Submit your order and wait for your service to be activated.
A Company You Can Trust
Experience unmatched expertise and support from leaders in the industry.
The Most Trusted Provider of Business Phone Numbers
Service quality and customer experience are our top priorities.