Expand your business globally and connect with global customers cost-effectively with non-geographic phone numbers. Learn what non-geographic numbers are and how your business can use them to grow and expand.
What are Non-Geographic Numbers?
Non-geographic numbers are also called national numbers or shared cost numbers. These numbers fall under a special category of geographic numbers.
Non-geographic phone numbers are not tied to specific local cities or states. Instead, they are associated with a country and are reachable from anywhere in the world. Similar to geographic numbers, calls made to a national number incur local calling rates, like a local call.
Businesses can buy non-geographic numbers from different target countries and establish a local communication channel with global customers.
Check out our country coverage page to see what types of numbers we offer for different countries and regions. Can’t find what you are looking for? Speak with our communications experts to find customized solutions for your business communication needs!
Non-Geographic Number Format and Examples
Countries have specific national codes for non-geographic phone numbers, followed by the subscriber number. For example, Hong Kong non-geographic numbers start with (58) while Ireland national numbers start with (0818).
The format for national phone numbers differs based on their country of origination. In other words, the standard format for an Australia non-geographic number is different from a Singapore number.
But generally, the geographic number format includes the country code, trunk prefix (0), city or state area code, and the subscriber number:
(+ country code) + (0) + (national code) + SN.
*Note: Not all formats require a trunk prefix. To learn more, check out our list of international call prefixes.
Let’s break this down with an example of an Australia non-geographic number.
- Australia country code: +61
- Trunk prefix: N/A
- National code: 1300
- Subscriber number: 6 digits
So, an Australia national phone number format would be (+61) (1300) xxx-xxx.
Here’s another example for Singapore geographic numbers.
- Singapore country code: +65
- Trunk prefix: N/A
- National code: 31
- Subscriber number: 6 digits
So, a Singapore phone number format would be (+65) 31xx-xxxx.
Benefits of Using Non-Geographic Phone Numbers
So, what can your business do with non-geographic numbers?
- Enter your company in the global market.
- Expand to new countries and regions and diversify your customer base.
- Establish a nationwide presence without a physical presence.
- Make it easy for global customers to contact your business.
- Take advantage of advanced call management features.
- Never miss a call, no matter where your teams are.
- Streamline marketing efforts with call tracking and call reports.
Business Features Included with Your Non-Geographic Numbers
International Call Forwarding — Forward incoming calls to any location and device of your choice to maintain business continuity.
Advanced Routing — Route calls in an efficient way for your business. Choose from time-based, location-based routing, simultaneous ringing, holiday routing, and more.
Cloud IVR — Use an automated voice response system for optimum call management and automated routing.
Softphone — Download our softphone app or use our web extension to make and receive calls on any device (laptop, computer, smartphone, tablet).
Outbound Calling with Local Caller IDs — Make outgoing calls with your business phone number from any location and device using local caller IDs.
Call Masking — Hide your caller ID or display a matching caller ID of a phone number you own.
Call Recording — Record all incoming and outgoing calls for future reference.
Control Panel — An intuitive online dashboard to manage all your call features.
Click to view our complete set of features.
How to Buy Non-Geographic Phone Numbers
Global Call Forwarding has a large inventory of local, national, and international toll free numbers. You can browse through our inventory and buy non-geographic phone numbers online from any country.
- Visit our Pricing page.
- On the left side, choose the country for your geographic number (example: Australia) and select National from the dropdown box.
- Then, select your new number for the last dropdown box.
- Then, move to the right side of the form and enter information for where incoming calls should be forwarded.
- Click on View Rates & Try For Free and choose a plan that works for your business. We offer five different plans.
- Add premium services, if desired. We offer Call Recording, Rollover Minutes, and an Inbound SMS plan.
- Click Add to Cart.
- Fill in the remaining information, submit your order, and wait for your service to be activated.
Trying to buy geographic numbers in bulk? After purchasing your first geographical number and setting up your account, your dedicated account manager will reach out to you to understand more about your business communication needs. Simply tell them what you need, and they will take care of you!
Buy Non-Geographic Phone Numbers Online
Ready to get non-geographic phone numbers for your business? You can buy national numbers from Global Call Forwarding online through our website within seconds. Have questions or need help? Call us at +1 (561) 908-6171 to speak with our representatives or chat with us now!