What are Business Toll Free Phone Numbers?
Business toll free numbers are toll free numbers specifically for your business. Toll free numbers are excellent business tools because they emphasize a business’s professionalism. Local numbers are ideal when your business wants to maintain a local presence, however, toll free numbers give your company the ability to communicate with national appeal. Toll free numbers for businesses are indicative of professionalism and being established, so if your company is currently developing its brand identity, a business toll free number will be an excellent addition to your company.
How do Virtual Business Toll Free Numbers Work?
Toll free numbers for a business work just like any other toll free number. For the caller, they simply dial your number to get connected to you. Toll free business numbers are free for callers to contact, while the company that owns them pays all costs associated with them. They are virtual phone numbers, so despite having a toll free prefix, they are routed via the internet. This means you can have your business toll free numbers connected to any number that is convenient for you to answer calls on.
Business Toll Free Phone Numbers for Your Business
- Create an established, professional image
- Are easy and affordable to purchase and use
- Perfect for marketing on company website, business cards, and brochures
- The ideal option for a business number instead of using a local area code number
How to Get and Setup Business Toll Free Numbers with Your Virtual Number?
Getting a business toll free phone number is simple. Just head to www.GlobalCallForwarding.com and enter the necessary information into the drop-down menus on the homepage. Follow the prompts and purchase your number. It will be available for use upon activation.
The steps in launching a successful business require careful consideration and planning to firmly establish a brand’s identity, sort through all necessary logistics, formulate a solid offering of products and/ or services, select locations and markets in which to offer the company’s products and/ or services, and more. Even with all of the advances in technology and a tremendous need for businesses to have a website that represents their brand, there is still an essential need for a business to have a phone number and business toll free numbers, in particular, can be very beneficial.
The Importance of a Business Phone Number
Even companies that are 100 percent online need a phone number. While a company’s clients or customers may not typically contact the company via telephone, the business may need it for a multitude of other reasons, such as web hosting. Many owners of home businesses begin using the phone they already have, whether it is a mobile phone or a home landline. There are, however, a number of advantages to setting up business toll free phone numbers, so that a business has phone numbers that are solely for use of the business. Advantages include:
- Ensuring that business and personal calls and expenses are kept separate. If they are kept separate, a business owner does not have to worry about later determining whether a call is business or personal when the phone rings.
- Tax deductions for your business expenses. Telephone related tax deductions are pretty simple to track. The Internal Revenue Service does not look highly upon the intermingling of personal and business expenses and accounts. If a business owner indeed uses a personal phone number, they are only able to deduct the direct business expenses versus having the ability to deduct the entire amount of the bill for business phone numbers.
The Importance of a Business Phone Number
There are a variety of options with regard to the type of line to use for business virtual toll free numbers. They include:
- Landline – Prior to the widespread introduction and use of mobile phones, options for business phone numbers were quite limited. A home business owner had the ability to add a second phone number, which could have a different ring to it, to the business owner’s existing phone line or have a second phone line set up in the home.
- Cell Phone – Today, almost everyone has a mobile phone. Mobile phones are easy to use and allow a business owner to be accessible from virtually anywhere in the world where they have access to phone service. Like with a landline, a business owner can get business toll free numbers and have calls forwarded to the business owner’s mobile device.
Long Distance Business Calling with Business Toll Free Phone Numbers
The cost of long-distance calling used to represent a substantial expense for many business owners. In the early 2000s, long-distance telephone companies were competing for consumer business by increasingly offering lower rates. Since the introduction of unlimited long-distance call services for a single fee, most long-distance callers have decided on this option. This has decreased the cost of long-distance calling dramatically for business owners. A challenge is in deciding whether to use a phone line that exists for those long-distance business calls and then determining what portion can be tax deductible for the business’ expenses. The easier choice is to establish business toll free phone numbers that are entirely separate from any existing personal phone line.
Business toll free numbers are great because they allow business customers to call a business from anywhere within that country without a charge. Having toll free numbers is also a good way to give your business a large-scale feel.
Toll Free Numbers for Your Business
After a business owner carefully considers the specific needs and goals of the company, there will be many important decisions to make in creating a brand that will last. It will involve working through all of the logistics of the company, ensuring there is good communication with business customers and other contacts, and ultimately ensuring success. Selecting business toll free numbers as a powerful communication tool is one of these important decisions no business should miss out on.