Looking to learn more about the 661 area code and how you can get a phone number with the 661 area code for your business? If so, read on to learn about where the 661 area code is located and how to get a phone number with this area code from Global Call Forwarding. Let’s begin!
Where is the 661 area code?
The 661 area code 661 is located in the state of California’s Kern County, as well as parts of Los Angeles County, Tulare County, and Santa Barbara County. 41 cities are located within the 661 area code, which includes Bakersfield, Lancaster, Palmdale, Wasco, Oildale, Delano, and Santa Clarita.
Brought into effect on February 13, 1999, the 661 area code was split from the parent 805 area code to accommodate a growing population in the area. Because the 661 area code is located in California, the time zone is Pacific Standard Time (PST).
How to Get a Phone Number with the 661 Area Code with Global Call Forwarding
- Begin by visiting Global Call Forwarding’s homepage at www.globalcallforwarding.com.
- At the top of the page, you will notice a series of dropdown menus at the top of the web page beneath two headings: Select Your New Phone Number & Enter Your Destination Number.
- Beneath the Select Your New Phone Number heading, each dropdown menu corresponds to the new 661 area code phone number that you will select. Select the country code from the dropdown menu, which is “United States (+1).”
- Next, select a number type. While there are a wide variety of number types available from Global Call Forwarding (i.e. vanity numbers, toll free numbers, etc), for this example, you will select “California (SMS Optional)” under the Geographic subheading.
- Next to this second dropdown menu, a new menu will appear. This dropdown menu prompts you to select a particular city followed by a “(661)” area code. For instance, you can select “Bakersfield (661)” for the city of Bakersfield.
- On the 3rd dropdown menu, you will choose a 661 area code phone number from a list (based upon current availability).
- Beneath the Enter Your Destination Number heading, you can now enter the phone number where inbound calls will be routed to, which is known as the destination phone number. First, select the country code of your destination phone number. For instance, if your destination phone number is located in Singapore, you will select “Singapore (+65).”
- After selecting the appropriate country code of your destination phone number, enter the remaining digits of your destination phone number. Once completed, click on the button “View Rates & Try for Free” to initiate the next phase.
- Next, you will now be presented with a number of payment plans for your intended usage. Choose the payment plan that fits your business and/or personal usage.
- Below the payment plans, you can select optional add-ons and functions by clicking on the corresponding checkboxes, such as “call recording,” “outbound calling,” and so forth.
- At the bottom of the webpage, you will enter your contact information and intended usage (business and/or personal) by filling in the appropriate information.
From this point onward, the process is similar to most online transactions. On the following page, you will:
- Enter your billing and payment information
- Review your purchase
- Finalize your purchase by agreeing to the Terms & Conditions
- Submit your order
Once you have submitted your order, a representative from Global Call Forwarding will contact you within 24 hours or less to assist you in setting up your new 661 area code phone number.
How to use Virtual Phone Numbers for Your Business
Expanding Your Business Model: With the advent of virtual offices and virtual locations, phone numbers from Global Call Forwarding enable your business to reach markets within the 661 area code. Because modern businesses can be run from international locations without the necessity of a brick & mortar presence, creating new revenue streams can be achieved with the instantaneous routing capabilities of virtual phone numbers.
Targeting Hyper-Specific Markets: Global Call Forwarding has phone numbers in over 150 countries around the world and countless cities/regions. This means that your business can directly appeal to target markets that are interested in your products and services. By subscribing with 661 area code phone numbers, you can target specific cities within the region. Similarly, you can subscribe to other phone numbers to reach various markets of your choosing.
Added Functionalities: Because virtual phone numbers are powered by Internet-based technology, such as VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), your business can use Global Call Forwarding’s vast array of add-ons to expand your business capabilities. For instance, using “time of day routing” can automatically redirect calls to a voicemail or another destination phone number depending on when a caller dials your phone number. Similarly, “call recording” enables your business to record and store calls made between your business and customers to ensure that your business is running effectively and is compliant with international regulatory organizations.