Thanks to advancements in technology, it is possible to set up and run a virtual call center from practically anywhere. With the right tools and employees, you can use cloud communications to provide lead generation and customer support services to various companies. Here we will look at what a virtual call center is and how to effectively run one.
What is a Virtual Call Center?
A virtual call center or remote call center is a customer support or service center that operates virtually. That is, it works remotely and usually not from one central, physical location. Such a center may have multiple small offices in different locations or work with remote employees spread across different cities, states, and regions.
What connects these locations and employees is a virtual call center software with cloud-based communication tools. Businesses that have customers or that want to target markets in different time zones will find a virtual call center more useful. This is because such a contact center can provide 24/7 customer service.
When a business uses a virtual contact center, customer calls reach the center instead of a physical department within the business. The center and its agents are equipped with the necessary information and troubleshooting solutions to help the customer. Companies can increase cost-savings by using a virtual call center to take care of their customer support needs instead of hiring a customer support team and training and monitoring them.
Opportunity for Global Coverage
Virtual call centers have the ability to connect with customers and business contacts from different parts of the world. They are not limited to one physical location. And so, as a call center manager, if you want to provide your clients with 24/7 global support, then a virtual center may be the way to go. You can hire remote employees from across the world or from high-profile areas, train them to use your software, and offer companies the opportunity to take their businesses global.
Advantages of Virtual Contact Centers
Virtual call centers are thriving for many reasons, here are a few:
- Low operating and equipment costs (most virtual call center software is workable over a computer and a reliable internet connection)
- A flexible and mobile platform
- Ability to offer clients geographic expansion
- Assist clients in providing 24/7 customer support for their customers
- Use of advanced, scalable, and secure cloud communication technology
- Increase agent success and reduce turnover and attrition rates with work-from-home options
- Stay in constant contact with your employees and teams through your communication system
- Offer lead generation, customer service and support, and appointment setting services
How to Build Your Own Remote Call Center
To start your own virtual call center, you need to get the right tools and software to support your inbound and outbound call volume. Global Call Forwarding offers many cloud communication solutions to help you build a reliable and well-connected remote-working contact center. Some of our top services include:
- Call forwarding: route and redirect calls based on time and location; forward calls to different offices or employees when one office is unavailable so no call goes unanswered.
- Call recording: records up to 100% of incoming and outgoing calls; recordings can be reviewed for quality assurance, liability prevention, etc.
- Interactive voice response: assist callers by identifying the purpose of the call and distributing it to the right person.
- Outbound calling solutions: greatly support your outgoing call volume by letting you customize your outgoing caller ID to display different toll free and local numbers purchased. This helps you reach customers and business contacts located in different parts of the world.
- Call logs and activity reports: to keep track of inbound and outbound calls and to assist in studying customer patterns and preferences. This information can be used to serve customers better, increasing retention rates.
Ready to Start Your Own?
Global Call Forwarding can provide you with virtual communication tools that can support your virtual call center. To learn more about our business phone solutions, call us at 1 (888) 908 6171 to speak to an expert today.