Thinking about upgrading your office phone system to a cloud phone system? Here is everything you need to know about cloud communication and how it can benefit your business.
Cloud Phone System: The Basics
A cloud phone system is a business phone solution, generally used in business communications. It uses cloud computing to route calls from one system to another. Instead of traditional landlines and phone numbers, a cloud phone system relies on virtual phone service providers and cloud numbers to make and receive business calls.
Cloud-based or virtual phone service providers like Global Call Forwarding offer you the whole package:
- Cloud or virtual phone numbers
- Online account management
- SIP trunking and voice over internet protocol (VoIP) abilities
- International call forwarding service
- Automation tools such as interactive voice response (IVR), and more.
The point of cloud communication services is to ensure that your business communications are stable, reliable, and efficient. Your business can stay connected and accessible, no matter where you are located. Furthermore, you can expand your network and start doing business with new markets and customer bases from target countries, states, and cities.
Now that you have an understanding of what a cloud phone system is, let’s look at some of its benefits:
Virtual Phone Numbers
A cloud phone system starts with a virtual phone number. These numbers route calls over the internet, enabling you to make and receive calls on any device connected to the internet. Additionally, you can take your business number with you wherever you go.
Global Call Forwarding offers business virtual numbers for more than 160 countries across the world. With Global Call Forwarding, you can choose from local, international, geographical, toll free, vanity, and universal toll free numbers, depending on the country you choose. This means you can get a number for a different country or state in a specific country and start a communication channel with its locals.
For example, your business is situated in New York. However, you want to target other metropolitan cities such as London, Mumbai, and Dubai. You can get virtual toll free numbers for those countries or local numbers for those cities. This makes it easy and inexpensive for locals to speak with you, as opposed to an international number.
Cloud Phone System: Advanced Features
A cloud phone system is stronger with all its parts working together. Here are the most important cloud communication features and tools that can help enhance customer experience:
- Cloud numbers
- Call forwarding
- Call recording
- Interactive voice response (IVR)
- Call tracking
- Outbound calling (with custom caller ID)
- Inbound SMS plan
- Time- and location-based routing
- Simultaneous ringing
- SIP Trunking, and more
Improve Customer Relations and Increase Sales
A cloud phone system can vastly improve the way your business interacts and communicates with its customers. You can:
1) Gain access to new customer bases and test your product in new markets.
2) Build credibility and professionalism by being reachable and providing efficient customer support services.
3) Manage call volume and increase first call resolution rates by implementing an effective and well-designed IVR system that distributes calls and assists callers without needing an agent.
4) Track incoming calls and study customer behavior and preferences so that you can serve them better.
5) Use local numbers and customizable caller IDs to create a virtual and reliable presence in various local communities.
6) Provide multichannel communication through voice, video, audio, text message, email, live chat, and other options.
Get a Cloud Phone System with Global Call Forwarding
Global Call Forwarding can provide you with the necessary tools to get your cloud phone system set up. Navigate to our homepage to start signing up for a business virtual number and build your virtual phone system. For questions or concerns, talk to an expert.