What Type of Travel and Tourism Services Can Benefit From Outbound Calling?
The travel and tourism industry is a large industry focusing on all businesses that are travel-related, and dealing with tourism, tourist attractions, transport, accommodation, etc. Here are some of the most common travel and tourism services:
- Travel agents and agencies
- Online travel agencies (OTAs)
- Tourism companies: guides and tours
- Tourist information
- Ecotourism-focused business
- Educational tourism services
- Medical tourism
- Business travel services
- Hotels, timeshares, resorts
- Transport services: air, road, rail, water services
- Nature, recreational, and theme parks
With outbound calling, these companies can control and manage their outgoing call volume. And by doing so, they can increase the number of new leads and sales.
Sign Up Now
How Can You Use Outbound Calling?
Outbound calling for travel companies works in two general ways: 1) to bring new customers onboard and 2) to maintain strong relationships with past customers to convert them into returning ones. Here are some businesses in the travel and tourism industry that can use outbound calling:
- Increase the visibility of your brand and services offered
- Develop personalized and custom travel plans
- Offer promotions and incentives to prospects
- Welcome new customers
- Follow-up and stay in contact before, during, and after travel
- Target customers in certain regions/areas during peak travel times
- Offer discounts to past customers to initiate new travel plans
- Book flights, accommodations, and tours, etc.
- Survey and research the market to understand travel trends and preferences
- Cross-sell clients
- Connect with visitors that interacted with your website
- Gather feedback
- Offer customer service and support
Businesses in the travel and tourism industry can purchase a variety of virtual business numbers. Global Call Forwarding offers toll free, local, and international numbers in more 160 countries. As a travel agency, you most probably depend on international clientele to survive. These virtual numbers will let you connect with contacts and prospects in different areas across the world, irrespective of physical proximity.
Outbound calling makes this possible by giving you the opportunity to override your caller ID to display a local number instead of an unknown international one. For example, in the event you are based in St. Thomas and want to connect with clients in Spain. You can purchase local numbers with specific area codes, for the cities you want to target. Then, you can display those numbers when calling from St. Thomas. This will increase the chances of your call being answered, opening the gate to a possible sale.