Companies throughout the world are doing business with Hong Kong. There’s no reason why your business shouldn’t do the same.
You may be wondering how to get a phone number in Hong Kong, especially if your business isn’t physically located there.
The good news is that you can get a Hong Kong phone number without having a physical presence in the country. You’ll just need to submit a copy of your business registration, an ID copy, and proof of address.
The process is easy and intuitive and can be done directly from your computer with a few easy steps.
Please note that these numbers are not compatible with WhatsApp or with SMS verifications.
Reasons to Get Hong Kong Phone Numbers
Hong Kong phone numbers are mostly comprised of eight digits. They start with the international dialing code +852.
With a Hong Kong phone number, your business can be called by locals in Hong Kong for the cost of a local phone call. Getting a virtual phone number is an easy way to establish your business in Hong Kong, no matter where your actual location is. Local customers can easily contact your foreign business without worrying about paying for international calls or dealing with dialing conventions.
In addition, your business can reach out to locals in Hong Kong by making outbound calls, with your Hong Kong phone number showing as the caller ID.
We can provide the following phone number types in Hong Kong:
- Toll-Free: free to call from within Hong Kong, but are only reachable from within Hong Kong.
- National: can be dialed from within Hong Kong, but is not guaranteed to be reachable from outside the country. The documentation requirements are less strict.
- Geographic: can be dialed from anywhere in the world.
These numbers have no setup fees.
Steps to Get a Hong Kong Phone Number
Here’s how to get a Hong Kong phone number:
- The process starts on our pricing page. Start by selecting “Hong Kong (+852)” from the blank drop-down menu of countries under the heading “Select Your New Phone Number.” As mentioned above, we offer different types of Hong Kong business phone numbers.
- Next, you’ll see a box with a list of numbers. This is where you will choose the number that people in Hong Kong will actually dial to call you. Select the phone number combination that you like the best.
- On the right column, enter your “destination number.” This is where you want the calls made to your new Hong Kong number to ring. The destination number can be changed at any time. When people ask how to get a Hong Kong phone number, they often think they need a physical presence in the country. The good news is that they don’t. When people dial your new number, they are dialing a number local to them. The call then forwards to wherever you are located.
- Click “Try For Free,” and view our plans. We offer 5 Hong Kong phone number plans with included minutes and an additional per-minute rate.
- If you want any additional features you’ll see them listed below the plans. Select which ones you want.
- Then, add your personal information, and click “Try for Free.”
- Complete the verification process, then your new Hong Kong number will be ready to go.
And that just about sums it up; getting a Hong Kong phone number is really simple!
Hong Kong Business Scene
How to get a Hong Kong phone number is equally important as the question of why. Hong Kong has become an economic powerhouse through trade and leadership in finance, banking, textiles, clothing, toys, and the manufacture of various other products. The country has a unique understanding of Western and Eastern cultures, having been a British Colony. Now, it is becoming an autonomous Chinese territory with its own, independent free-trade economy.
Hong Kong’s economic rankings read like a resume full of awards in a range of categories. No wonder its policies make it attractive to Western and Eastern countries alike. So get a Hong Kong phone number to take advantage of the many business opportunities.
According to the CIA Factbook, Hong Kong is the 8th largest exporter and importer of goods in the world. Trade is fueled by Hong Kong’s no-tariff policy and allowing foreign investors to own 100% of their businesses. Hong Kong’s airport handles more air cargo traffic than any other airport in the world.
Forbes magazine named Hong Kong the #3 country in the world to do business in. In 2018, its currency was ranked the 9th most commonly traded currency in the world. Residential incomes remain high. And the country’s dedication to business and commerce can be observed, as Hong Kong has more skyscrapers than anywhere else in the world.
Hong Kong is also a major trading partner with mainland China, giving businesses in the area access to the enormous Chinese consumer population as well.
Economic Freedom and Advanced Business Ideas
According to the 2018 Index of Economic Freedom, Hong Kong ranked #1 in economic freedom in the entire world. The study cited Hong Kong’s respect for the law, understanding of the value of property rights, and government transparency.
Incredibly, Hong Kong is such a powerhouse even though it is only six times larger than Washington D.C.
Education and Healthcare
Businesses in education or healthcare wondering how to get a phone number in Hong Kong should take note; these areas currently offer excellent growth.
There is mandatory schooling for children in Hong Kong, and the adult literacy rate tops 90%. Students receive education in multiple languages. Despite the country’s diminutive physical size, it boasts ten institutions of higher learning, which are considered the best in Asia.
Hong Kong’s excellent health care system, which is separate from mainland China’s, results in a life expectancy that is seventh in the world. There are over 40 public hospitals, including Queen Elizabeth Hospital. This hospital was the largest hospital in the British Commonwealth at the time it was built.
Get a Hong Kong Phone Number from Global Call Forwarding
Doing business in the region is as easy as knowing how to get a Hong Kong virtual phone number. Global Call Forwarding gives you access to this thriving economy and diverse population. And you can do so without having a physical location in the area. No need to worry about costly start-up and set-up fees. Start your free trial today or call us if you have questions!