In this article, we’ll cover one of the newest additions to phone numbers in New York City – the 332 area code. Let’s begin!
Where is the 332 area code?
Starting on June 10th, 2017, the 332 area code became a relatively new area code for the borough of Manhattan in New York City, New York. As the fourth area code to serve the densely-populated New York City borough, the 332 area code serves as an overlay for area codes 212, 646, and 917, which have become relatively scarce due to the large number of individuals and businesses that claim those original area codes.
How to Get a Phone Number with the 332 Area Code from Global Call Forwarding
If you think the process of getting a phone number with a 332 area code is difficult, think again. By subscribing with Global Call Forwarding, the process is incredibly quick and easy. Here’s how you can get a 332 area code number:
- Start by visiting Global Call Forwarding’s homepage at www.globalcallforwarding.com.
- Once at the homepage, you will find several dropdown menus at the top of the screen organized under two different headings: Select Your New Phone Number and Enter Your Destination Number.
- Under Select Your New Phone Number, each dropdown menu corresponds to the new 332 area code phone number that you will be choosing.
- First, you will select the country code for your new phone number. For this example of selecting the 332 area code, you will pick “United States (+1)” as your country code from the dropdown menu.
- Next, you will be selecting a number type. There are a wide variety of number types available from Global Call Forwarding (such as toll free numbers, vanity numbers, and so forth), but for this example, you will select “New York” under the Geographic subheading. Next to this 2nd dropdown menu, you’ll notice that the area code “New York (332)” appears, which indicates that you have selected the correct choice.
- On the 3rd dropdown menu, you will be given a list of available phone numbers with a 332 area code to choose from based upon current availability.
- Now that you have selected your new phone number with a 332 area code, it is time to Enter Your Destination Number, the phone number where calls will be routed to (see below).
- First, select the country code of your destination phone number from the dropdown menu. For instance, if your destination phone number is located in the United Arab Emirates, you will select “UAE (+971)”.
- After selecting the appropriate country code of your destination phone number, you will enter in the remaining digits of your destination phone number, including area code and so forth.
- Once you’ve accurately entered your information, click on the button “View Rates & Try for Free” to progress to the next part of the process.
- Now that you’ve selected a new 332 area code phone number and entered in your destination phone number (where calls will ultimately be forwarded to), you will be presented with a number of payment plans for your intended usage. Choose the payment plan that best fits your business and/or personal usage; note that you can try the service for free on a trial basis to learn how these phone numbers can benefit your business (see below).
- Below the payment plans, you will also be given the option to select optional functionalities and add-ons, such as “outbound calling,” “call recording,” and other services by clicking on the checkboxes.
- Next, you will enter your contact information and intended usage by filling in the appropriate information.
- On the following page, you will enter in your payment and billing information.
- At this point, you will be given the option to review your purchase and make changes as needed. Additionally, you can select more phone number to subscribe to if needed, which begins with the aforementioned steps above.
- Last, you’ll finalize your purchase by agreeing to the Terms & Conditions and submitting your order.
- Once your order is finalized, a customer service representative from Global Call Forwarding will contact you within 24 hours to answer any questions that you may have to ensure that you can immediately begin using your new 332 area code phone number.
Now that you know how to obtain a subscription for a phone number with the 332 area code from Global Call Forwarding, let’s turn our attention to how these phone numbers can be used in your business life and the technology that makes it possible.
How to Use Virtual Phone Numbers for your Business
By subscribing with Global Call Forwarding, you can gain access to the 332 area code by using Internet-enabled technology known as “Virtual phone numbers.” In the simplest definition, when a call is made to a virtual phone number, the call can be instantly routed through the Internet and redirected to another phone number located anywhere in the world. This means that both domestic and international businesses can have a phone number with the 332 area code, while existing outside of Manhattan (and the United States, for that matter).
Because of this, there are innumerable benefits to using virtual phone numbers. If your business is located internationally but wants to present a professional image with a 332 area code that appeals to local markets, this is now possible with the routing capabilities of virtual phone numbers. Another benefit is that you can enable callers in New York City to reach your international business without incurring service blockages and/or long distance fees. Lastly, virtual phone numbers enable your business to create a real business presence in New York City without the need for creating a physical presence in Manhattan – which can help save time, money, and resources – while enabling your business to immediately begin to reach clients and customers.